10/15/2013

Detours "The Slice" Keeps Items Close at Hand


The Slice from Detours is a a great add-on for that gravel century, long ride or a short trip around town to keep items within easy reach.  It's a wedge shaped pack that mounts easily with Velcro to your top tube and has an elastic strap that goes around the stem to keep it securely in place.


With dimensions of  7" x 1.5" x 3.5" and 25 cubic inches of storage it's the perfect size to store snacks and gels for long rides.  The inside has enough room to fit a cell phone or wallet and features a clip for keys and a side pocket for money, credit cards or ID.  It will also make a nice tool pack for storing a spare tube, patch kit, tire levers, CO2 inflator/cartridge and multi-tool to be prepared for the unexpected.  The zipper pull is very easy to grab for opening and closing while riding and the slim design keeps it out of the way when getting up out of the saddle to tackle hills.  The Slice will fit on almost any mountain or road bike giving you that extra needed space without having to stuff your jersey pockets.

On long rides I use the Slice for storing my external battery pack to recharge my phone on-the-fly.  Data and GPS use can eat up a smart phone battery quickly and its nice being able to just plug it in and keep riding without my phone dying mid-ride.

When riding on gravel roads out in the country I often have run-ins with aggressive dogs and I will keep a can of Halt Dog Repellent in the Slice for quick access.  I found it is easier to grab from here than trying to get it out of my jersey pocket.  I haven't had to use it yet, but it's nice to know I can get to it quickly if I need to.

The Slice comes in three colors (red, grey and black) and can be purchased directly from Detours for $19.  It's a reasonably priced, quality design that puts items within easy reach while riding.  I love its convenience and use it on every ride whether it's to store snacks, my keys, battery pack, dog repellent or wallet.  If you need that little extra storage space for the small things, the Slice will suit you perfectly.

Disclosure:  Detours provided the review sample for this article, but offered no other form of compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...