9/19/2018

Inexpensive Cycling Accessories For Your Ride

There are a lot of bike accessories out there to better your ride experience and the following five are products I use regularly that are under $10.  They are simple in design but do their intended job effectively.

Rough Riders
$5

Rough Riders is a new product from Miles-Wide Industries that was designed to give fingers a better grip on shifters, brake and dropper post levers.  They work for both road and mountain bikes.  This extra grip is made possible with a product called "Stubble" that acts similar to sandpaper.  Rough Riders are very thin, slightly elastic and waterproof for use in any riding condition.  Available in Black and Burgundy from Miles-Wide Industries.

CamelBak Podium Mud Cap
$6

If you're anything like me, you enjoy riding off the beaten path and may encounter sand, dirt and mud along the way.  This is where the CamelBak Podium Mud Cap for their Podium bottles comes in real handy.  Unlike their old style mudcaps, this one just slips over the nozzle and is ready for use.  Keep all of the grit and grime out of the valve so you don't end up with a mouth full of it.  Made out of Silicone and comes in colors Black and Blue.  Available from CamelBak, Penn Cycle and other fine bike shops.

Bontrager Storage Bottle
$7

One thing a cyclist should never leave on a ride without is a rescue kit that contains the items needed to get you up and rolling again in the event of a mishap. The Bontrager Storage Bottle is perfect for such a kit.  It has enough space to store the items I always carry with me in a convenient package that fits securely in my water bottle cage.  Available from Trek, Penn Cycle and other fine bike shops.

General HeroMount for GoPro
$7

I had a more expensive GoPro Handlebar Mount but was not happy with the bulkiness of it and wanted to get something smaller.  I found the General HeroMount Handlebar Mount for GoPro on Amazon for under $7 and decided to give it a try.  Its design allowed me to mount my GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition neatly out of the way under my bars so as not to take up space on my cockpit that already contained my Garmin and a headlight.  This mount held my GoPro very secure and made for some great video without any vibration or shaking.

I liked this mount so much that I bought a second one to put on my fatbike so I could easily mount my GoPro to the bike of my choice for that day's ride.  Made from aluminum, weighs 45 grams and fits bars from 30-32mm.

Mirrycle Incredibell Adjustabell 2
$8

Through many miles of commuting and riding I've found that the simple ring of a bell is very effective to alert other cyclists and pedestrians of my approach and passing without startling them.  I recently got a new road bike and I wanted a bell that I could mount on drop bars that would be easily accessible while riding without having to move my hand placement to ring it.  The answer was the Mirrycle Incredibell Adjustabell 2.

This bell has a fully adjustable handlebar clamp (fits bars 15-39mm) so it can be placed anywhere on the bar.  The dinger can be adjusted to any position around the dome of the bell making for a truly custom fit for ringing with a finger or thumb.  Available in black or silver from Mirrycle, Penn Cycle and other fine bike shops.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...