7/15/2014

Product Review: Banjo Brothers Waterproof Saddle Trunk


The Banjo Brothers Waterproof Saddle Trunk is a versatile bag that I have come to love.  I have put it to the test it in all types of weather on the fatbike and my road bike.  One of the things I like most is it gives me that extra carrying capacity without having to install a rack for a trunk bag.  This bag has a big 400 cubic inches (12.5” L x 7” H x 8.5” W) of space to carry what I need for those longer rides or commutes to work.
 

Installation is easy and only takes a few seconds.  With two straps that attach to the seat post and two more that secure to the saddle rails, it stays in place even when fully loaded.  Depending on the load of the bag, the saddle rail straps and the flap closure can be adjusted for a snug fit.


The outer pocket on the back flap of the Saddle Trunk is nice for little things like keys, money or a multi-tool and tire levers.  There is even a spot to attach a tail light.


The "waterproof" part of this bag is made possible by a replaceable welded liner.  I have been caught in the occasional downpour and my stuff didn't get wet, even without fenders.  This proved invaluable when commuting to work and arriving with a dry change of clothes. 

I found this bag especially useful for rides on the fatbike in the fall and winter.  It came in quite handy on those cool morning rides that turn into warm afternoon rides.  The compartment is big enough for me to ditch the jacket and gloves to continue riding without overheating.  Other items like goggles, pogies/gloves, snacks and extra water bottles easily fit into the Saddle Trunk so I was always prepared for changing weather conditions or an all day ride.  The waterproof qualities of the Saddle Trunk made sure my items stayed dry on warmer days where slush and puddles are common.


My overall impressions of the Waterproof Saddle Trunk are it is a quality bag at a reasonable price that keeps my items dry and has the extra storage space I need.  What more could I ask for?  With easy on and off installation it is very convenient to use with multiple bikes making it a flexible bag choice.  Along with the Banjo Brothers Frame Pack, it is standard equipment for all my long distance gravel/road rides and commutes to work.   


The Banjo Brothers Waterproof Saddle Trunk is available from the Banjo Brothers Online Store, Penn Cycle and other fine bike shops.

Disclosure:  Banjo Brothers provided the review sample for this article, but offered no other form of compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...